Who doesn’t like a party? We do in our house for sure. We work hard working towards our Financial Freedom goals and it is fun to celebrate when we achieve one of our goals along the way.
We have many goals we set each year and we celebrate in many different ways when we achieve one. We normally have our party involve the whole family. That used to be easier when the boys were younger. Now with Logan working four to five days a week and in college now we hardly see him. At least we still have four more years with Seth till he is in college.
I feel it is good to take time in your own ways to celebrate your achievements when you hit a goal, finish a Mills Way to Financial Freedom Action step to your monthly review meetings.
You may be saying why celebrate a monthly review meeting? It’s sound so much like work when you have a meeting scheduled but if you can celebrate a monthly review party it sounds like more fun.
We don’t always make progress each month due to something comes up. We can always find a lot of things that we did hit with our budget, goals, action steps and more each month to celebrate. We don’t have balloons or confetti but maybe we will in the future.
Here are some ways that you could celebrate your successes after each milestone. Even if you are single, I believe you should have a monthly celebration party and be grateful for what you achieved during the month and then make a plan on how to attack things this next month. Here are some ideas;
- Pizza and Snacks for a dinner celebration at home.
- Rent a movie after the celebration at home.
- Go out to eat after the celebration for a really good month.
- Ice Cream party at home for the celebration meeting.
- Homemade Pizza night with the family. Our kids love this one.
- Movie Marathon night after the meeting.
- Family Craft night after the meeting. Make cards to other fun things.
- Go for a family walk to the park after the meeting.
- Let each member of the family plan out an upcoming celebration meeting themselves. For instance, if you have four in your family, then each one could do a different month for the next four months.
- Boardgame night after the celebration.
- Card games after the celebration meeting.
- If you have Snow outside then go out and play in the snow.
- Go Bowling with the family afterwards.
- Go play Tennis with the family after the celebration.
Those are just a few things that you could do by yourself or with your family. I am sure you could add many more ideas to this list. Those above are things that our boys have liked to do in the past.
As always, I am not giving you any Financial Advice and you should seek advice from your Professional Advisors to see what is best for your situation. See my Disclaimer at MillsWay.com. This is for entertainment only.
Things that we like to review at our Celebration review meetings are;
- Month ending Income results vs last year.
- Month ending Passive Income results vs last year.
- Month ending Expenses results vs last year.
- Month ending Cash Flow results vs last year.
- Month ending Net Worth results vs last year.
- Month ending College Savings Account balances for each of our kids. Money, they invested in a brokerage account for college. The pick the stocks and like to see how they did.
- Year running totals vs last year in all the above areas.
- Review our goals progress and make plans to achieve more.
- Finish up with any concerns or comments. Then we set the date and time for our next month’s meeting.
By making your celebrations fun it can keep yourself and if you have a family to do monthly celebration review meetings. These meetings are very important to help you keep on track towards your Financial Freedom goals. We like to celebrate our Wins for the month and then get a plan for areas we didn’t do as well in.
Without these meetings, tracking and goals review it is easy to get off track and possibly move away from your Financial Freedom goals instead of heading towards them.
Think of all the people that say they are going to workout and lose weight at the start of the year but then in a month or two they are back to their old habits and weight.
Do you have Celebration Meetings each month to review how you are coming along? If so what type of meetings do you have?
We hope our boys will learn from our examples and continue to do them when they are adults and living on their own. One of my dreams is that our kids will all reach Financial Freedom at a young age.
Here are some positive quotes I like;
“1. Make Money. 2. Use the Money to Make More Money. 3. Repeat the Process.” By Warren Buffett
“There is no way to happiness; happiness is the Path.” By Buddha
“Change Your Thoughts – Change Your Life” by Wayne W. Dyer
Let me know your thoughts about this blog and let me know of others you would like me to do in the future. I feel we can all learn from each other. That is why I am in the helping people retire early, enjoy life more and be more successful. Also, please see my Disclaimer page.
Don’t give up on your dreams; don’t let others talk you out of your dreams. Make your dreams happen. Make it happen today.
Visit my Podcast at www.Live4.Club on Anchor.fm, Spotify, Pocket Casts, Breaker Audio, Google Podcasts, Radio Public, I-tunes, Apple Podcast and more. If you would like to be a guest on my Podcast drop me an email at email@example.com or Text me at 480-389-6224
Thanks, and Have a great night. Please Support or Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/millsway for access to all my blogs.
#financial freedom #financial independence #FIRE #Hustle #Live4 #podcast #millsway