Wow, the last year is over already, how did it go by so fast. Here it is the first week in January and you may have made New Year’s resolutions already or you may be planning on making some. Did you follow through and achieve your resolutions last year? I didn’t hit mine last year but I had a wild ride of a year for sure. In 2014 my golf game improved, I golfed in Golf Channel AM Tour Nationals, I got engaged and relocated my family to Arizona to play golf all year around.
This year my resolutions or goals are:
1. Grow my relationships with family, friends and others.
2. To lower my golf handicap and qualify for AM Tour Nationals.
3. To improve my health.
4. To grow my home businesses.
So how am I going to achieve each of my resolutions? How can you achieve yours? I know there are many different philosophies out there to help people achieve their goals. But here are some quick hitters that I use and they may help you.
1. Keep it simple and start with just one resolution or goal for the year. You can always add another later in the year after you achieve your first one. It is better to stay focused on one at a time.
2. Break it down into achievable little steps. Just like they say “To eat a Elephant you need to take one bite at a time”. Taking little steps and achieving them can help keep you motivated to achieving the end result.
3. Be vocal. Tell others. Like I am sharing with you mine. Tell others what yours our. It helps you have more skin in the game. Hopefully some of them may ask you during the year how you are coming along.
4. Find a mentor or coach. Find someone that will keep you on track and make sure you don’t lose focus. That is one of the reasons I like being a life and business coach is seeing others achieve their goals.
5. Have FUN. Celebrate your small achievements towards each goal along the way. Life is to be celebrated and enjoyed, have fun everyday.
Breakdown and make a plan for your resolution to how you will achieve it. For instance with mine for golf here is how I am planning on getting there.
A. Lift weights six days a week and work on my abs three days a week.
B. Swing a golf club 100 times a day at home or a driving range.
C. Practice 100 putts a day at home or a driving range.
D. Practice 50 chips a day at home or a driving range.
E. Play in at least 10 golf tournaments this year.
F. Play at least 75 rounds of golf this year.
Let me know your thoughts about this blog and let me know of others you would like me to do in the future. I feel we can all learn from each other. That is why I am in the helping people improve their lives, enjoy life more and be more successful.
Don’t give up on your dreams; don’t let others talk you out of your dreams. Make your dreams happen. Make it happen today.
Let me know your thoughts or ideas. Also please join my Facebook and LinkedIn using my e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow me at twitter Bruce Mills at millsway_com. Pin me on Pinterest.com also. Thanks and Have a great night.
Business or Fun Travel Needs:
Domains, Websites and More: