When we travel we have a couple of things in place to help make sure our house is secure while we are gone. When we travel we are only gone for up to two weeks so we don’t have to many things to worry about. But living in Arizona I know a lot of people that lives in Arizona from like October till May and then may move back to Minnesota from May to October.
When we are gone we have our own Security System with Cameras all around the house and covers all entry points. With our Security Camera system we can pull them up using our Smart Phones and check on it live. We also get emailed alerts anytime there is any movement that sets them off. That can be an issue at times with our Outside cameras especially if there is some wind blowing around the bushes and trees. Overall we are happy with our Cameras and use them a lot also to check on the boys. LOL
We also have great neighbors that help watch over our house while we are gone. They have two different neighbors that have access to get into our house if they need to. They both watch for packages left at our front porch. They also take our Trash Cans off the street and take them to the backyard so our HOA doesn’t send us a nasty note. They also pickup any newspapers in the driveway so it looks like we are at home.
Besides the above ways we use you can do the following other ideas if you are traveling for a day or for up to a year they are all good options also. Depending on your budget and level of concern.
1. Hire a Home Check service to check on your house while you are gone. They also may have many options you could choose like maintaining your landscaping, watering plants and more. With all the people traveling down here I have started a Home Check service. So if you need help and live around Mesa, AZ or surrounding towns give me a call for a quote.
2. Hire a actual Security System like Cox Cable company with Cameras that you pay a monthly fee depending on what services and level you want.
3. Buy your own Home Security Camera system. If they aren’t wired directly you will need to buy extra batteries. If you gone for a long time you would need to have someone change the batteries when they run low. Cost can range in price depending on how many cameras and how many batteries you go through.
4. I have heard of sensors that you can hook up to your home systems that can send you alerts if something isn’t running or if like the Electricity goes out. Costs again will depend on how many items you want to put them on. I am guessing it could get expensive.
5. Neighbors and friends are an option but can put a burden on them and strain your relationship. Might be a good way to lose a friendship. If you do use a neighbor or friend it would be good to give them a Thank You gift or Thank You Card when you get back.
I know some people that get really nervous when they are gone for a few days to months. I say why not hire a Home Check service so you don’t have to worry so much. You could have them check on your house often to make sure it isn’t broke into, no water pipes are broken, electricity is working, plants are being watered and more.
Let me know what experiences you have had when traveling and dealing with keeping your Home Secure while you are gone. Also let me know if you hire someone to watch your how, how much does it cost you a week or month and if so from what company.
Let me know your thoughts about this blog and let me know of others you would like me to do in the future. I feel we can all learn from each other. That is why I am in the helping people retire early, enjoy life more and be more successful. Also, please see my Disclaimer page.
Don’t give up on your dreams; don’t let others talk you out of your dreams. Make your dreams happen. Make it happen today.
**********Your Tracking Link: www.bluehost.com/track/millsway
Why Not tell your stories and start your own Blog today? Leave a legacy with a Blog. Just click here to start your Blog today.
We can help you with your home while you are gone. It doesn’t matter if you want help for a week or 12 months. We can help you out.
Rates vary depending on what you would like checked or maintained while you are gone out of town. Living in Arizona I have met a lot of people who live 6 to 9 months here in Arizona and then go back to Canada or other states during the warm months we have here. Contact me today with questions and for a quote.
Let me know your thoughts or ideas. Also, please join my Facebook and LinkedIn using my e-mail me at email@example.com. Follow me at twitter Bruce Mills at millsway_com. Pin me on Pinterest.com also. Please also share my blogs with your friends.
Thanks, and Please Support or Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/millsway
Have a great week.
Bruce of MillsWay.com