It can get easy to sit in front of the TV all day long if you let yourself. When we have jobs we have things to keep our days busy and our minds active. But once you retire you may find you may be missing the social interaction you had at your job and the challenges that keep your mind sharp.
When you sit around and watch more TV during the day it is also easy to gain weight and possibly your health could go down from having less activity then you had at your job. Like I tell RE Wife that she gets paid to exercise at her job. What a good gig.. LOL
So here are a few quick ideas on keeping your mind sharp during retirement years:
1. Turn the TV Off. Go outside and visit with people. If possible maybe limit your TV time to 3 hours aday. I myself try to limit how much News I watch since it is so negative.
2. Make more friends around your age. It helps to hang with friends with your desires and hobbies. You can relate to each other alot more also and have more in common.
3. Keep learning. Maybe take some online classes or go to the library and take some free classes. Things that interest you and maybe didnt have time before to explore.
4. Read more books. I know I am bad at this. I feel better when I read a book a month but I am not always keeping that pace. I know RE Wife probably doesn’t want me to bring home anymore books since we have many book cases full of books.
5. Play Mind Games. Play cards with your friends, Chess, Do Puzzles and more. They all can help engage your mind. I know we had fun recently playing with Tom and Dawn a card game we call “Golf”.
6. Do Crafts. Maybe start painting or photography. Or start a blog or website. Maybe make items out of wood or metal? They all could be fun and help keep your mind sharp. Maybe you could even sell some for a profit.
Let me know your thoughts about this blog and let me know of others you would like me to do in the future. I feel we can all learn from each other. That is why I am in the helping people people retire early, enjoy life more and be more successful. Also please see my Disclaimer page.
Don’t give up on your dreams; don’t let others talk you out of your dreams. Make your dreams happen. Make it happen today.
Let me know your thoughts or ideas. Also please join my Facebook and LinkedIn using my e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow me at twitter Bruce Mills at millsway_com. Pin me on Pinterest.com also. Thanks and Have a great night.
Thanks and Please Support or Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/millsway
Bruce of MillsWay.com