If you are retired now it may be a great time to move. Moving can be costly and can be a stressful time if you let it be or it can be a new and exciting time of your life. I have moved over 14 moves and enjoyed every place I have moved to. If I hadn’t moved I wouldn’t have experienced everything I have in my life or met my wonderful wife. I am looking forward too many years of retirement fun with my wife and kids.
I have some friends saying they should downsize and move but are afraid to pull the trigger. I know many people that have just moved to another state and are enjoying the journey. They bought a wonderful house with a big yard for their dogs. They also have adopted the state’s football colors. They are an inspiration for others who may be afraid to move. Keep the faith and go for it I would say.
Here are some Pros and Cons if you are considering moving during your retired years;
– A chance to move to a state with great weather all year around for your hobbies. That is shy we moved from Minnesota to Arizona.
– To experience another part of the country and to explore it which is exciting.
– A chance to down size for savings on utilities, taxes and insurance. Who wants to take care of a big house during retirement? Especially a large house has more rooms and windows to clean.
– To get out of doing yard work. Yard work can take up your time and money. I have many friends that downsized to a Townhouse so they didn’t have to worry about yard work or certain repairs on the house. Now they have more time for fun.
– Move closer to your grandkids so you can spoil them. Your adult kids may move to other states for work so it is a good reason to move to be close to them.
– Meeting new friends.
– Pro’s list could go on and on for each person. We are all different. I just wanted to bring up a few to get you thinking. Contact me if you need help thinking about it.
– You need to shop for a new place which can be stressful for some people or exciting for others.
– You will need to get your house ready to sell or to rent it out for additional retirement income.
– You may need to sell stuff if you need to downsize.
– Moving cost of hiring a moving company so you don’t tear your body up during your retirement years.
– Moving away from friends can be sad. But meeting new friends is exciting. Your old friends if they are good friends will come visit you.
I still feel that the Pro’s way out weighs the Con’s. We enjoy living in Arizona but I am open to moving someday if Mrs. RE wants to move. I would be happy anywhere that she is. But I really don’t want to live in California or any northern state that has lots of snow. I lived 49 years in snow and Ice and that is enough for my lifetime. So, what is holding you back? Remember God doesn’t give us anything that we can’t handle.
Here is a positive quote I like; “Remind yourself daily that there is no way to happiness; rather, happiness is the way.” ― Wayne W. Dyer, Change Your Thoughts – Change Your Life: Living the Wisdom of the Tao
Read my Blogs in full go to the below Patreon.com/millsway Link. Click on the below link
Also, if you like my blogs then please help Donate to help keep MillsWay Personal Development going. Click here to Donate at Patreon.com/millsway
Let me know your thoughts about this blog and let me know of others you would like me to do in the future. I feel we can all learn from each other. That is why I am in the helping people people retire early, enjoy life more and be more successful. Also, please see my Disclaimer page.
Don’t give up on your dreams; don’t let others talk you out of your dreams. Make your dreams happen. Make it happen today.
Why Not tell your stories and start your own Blog today? Leave a legacy with a Blog. Just click here to start your Blog today.
Let me know your thoughts or ideas. Also, please join my Facebook and LinkedIn using my e-mail me at email@example.com. Follow me at twitter Bruce Mills at millsway_com. Pin me on Pinterest.com also. Thanks, and Have a great night.
Thanks, and Please Support or Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/millsway
Bruce of MillsWay.com