March has been a busy month with Family and friends coming to visit us. Tim and Stacy from Minnesota was over last night which was fun. Tim, Logan, Seth and myself did some putting. Then later one of our topics was about the advantages of Retiring in Arizona. They are getting towards retirement time and their Parents now own a place here in Mesa. We told them we are trying to also get our Folks to live down here with us for half the year to get away from the cold Minnesota weathers. No Snow shovels needed in Mesa Arizona.
Below are 10 good reasons we gave them to think about moving to Mesa Arizona to retire at. Of course we would like them to move here for more friends to play golf with.
1. Outdoor Activities from Golf, Tennis, Softball, White water rafting, Hang gliding through the desert, Fishing and more.
2. Sunshine = Great Weather. Winter temperatures in Phoenix are like summer temperatures in the southeast but without humidity. Rainfall averages for Arizona range from less than three inches in the deserts. Dry and sunny days with cool nights are typical, and over 250 days with sun each year. If you like more variety in temperature, towns like Payson to Flagstaff are cooler. Not like the Minnesota Winters or Humid Minnesota summers.
3. Less Sneezing! A respite for those with allergies…the climate and dry air can be a game changer for those who suffer from bad allergies or asthma in other parts of the country.
4. Golf! Arizona is the place to be for desert golf. The Grand Canyon state has over 70 highly ranked public courses and attracts millions of golfers. Plus we can golf here 365 days a year.
5. Throw away your snow shovel! No shoveling snow in most parts of AZ.
6. Hardly any flying bugs versus the Minnesota Mosquito.
7. Affordable housing costs. Plus lower Property Taxes than what we paid in Minnesota. We pay just $1,400 a year for our house. Plus in Arizona we don’t spend a fortune on heating bills. It’s way cheaper to cool a house than heat a house.
8. If you do decide to work some in Retirement we have lower Income taxes than Minnesota. For instance if your Taxable Income is 25k to 50K you would pay 3.36%, if you make 50k to 150k you would pay 4.24% and if you make over 150k you would pay 4.54%.
9. NO Tax on Social Security Income. This can be huge when you are living off of your savings. Something to seriously consider when retiring. Also, There is no inheritance tax, gift tax or estate tax. But still seek Tax advice from a professional.
10. Best of all we have the Chicago Cubs spring training games at Sloan Park.
Let me know your thoughts about this blog and let me know of others you would like me to do in the future. I feel we can all learn from each other. That is why I am in the helping people retire early, enjoy life more and be more successful.
Don’t give up on your dreams; don’t let others talk you out of your dreams. Make your dreams happen. Make it happen today.
Let me know your thoughts or ideas. Also please join my Facebook and LinkedIn using my e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow me at twitter Bruce Mills at millsway_com. Pin me on Pinterest.com also. Thanks and Have a great night.
Thanks and Please Support or Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/millsway
Bruce of MillsWay.com