Thanksgiving is a great time to give thanks and enjoy the day. But it can be a stressful time for some. It has been said that the rate of deadly heart attacks increase during Thanksgiving and Christmas. Some stress over family, some stress over the money they feel they should spend and some stress over not having any plans.
Over the years I have spent Thanksgiving working, some with family, some with friends and some alone watching football. I enjoyed every Thanksgiving I ever have had. But it can be stressful. Even if you are having family at your house and you could stress over the food being good or having enough food.
No need to Stress. Let’s cover some topics and ideas to be able to enjoy Thanksgiving and not be stressed.
1. Spending family with family at your place. If you are having family outside of your house come why not divide up responsibilities. Have one bring desserts, one bring vegetables, one could bring rolls and so on. Takes stress off you for trying to cook everything and the money to spend it all.
2. Spending the day at work. Nothing wrong with that. Why not ask friends from work to get together and have a potluck at work for Thanksgiving day. Enjoy some good food if you have to work.
3. If you single, or have no family in the area or if the kids live far away than see what your friends are doing or neighbors. Have a get together with them or have them meet at a certain restaurant and all eat together.
4. If you don’t like Turkey there is nothing wrong with that. It you want to eat something else then go for it. We are having a Pot Roast this year.
5. If you are single and just want to watch Football all day and eat a frozen pizza that is fine. You are doing what you want to do and that is all that matters.
6. Have a budget for what you can afford for Thanksgiving and stick to it. No need to go over you budget and feel bad about eating too much and spending too much.
7. I know a family of three that has a budget of $40 for Thanksgiving meal. We set ours at $50. We still will have plenty of food and leftovers for us.
Hope these help you. Remember we all need to put family first and be thankful for everything we have. It is more important for the time you spend with family and friends than the money you spend.
So have a stress free and fun Thanksgiving no matter what you decide to do for the day. Once Darlene gets off work we will be eating a late Thanksgiving meal. We should also have some good leftovers for Friday.
Let me know your thoughts about this blog and let me know of others you would like me to do in the future. I feel we can all learn from each other. That is why I am in the helping people retire early, enjoy life more and be more successful. Also please see my Disclaimer page.
Don’t give up on your dreams; don’t let others talk you out of your dreams. Make your dreams happen. Make it happen today.
Why Not tell your stories and start your own Blog today. Leave a legacy with a Blog. Just click here to start your Blog today.
We can help you with your home while you are gone. It doesn’t matter if you want help for a week or 12 months. We can help you out.
Rates vary depending on what you would like checked or maintained while you are gone out of town. Living in Arizona I have met a lot of people who live 6 to 9 months here in Arizona and then go back to Canada or other states during the warm months we have here. Contact me today with questions and for a quote.
Let me know your thoughts or ideas. Also please join my Facebook and LinkedIn using my e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow me at twitter Bruce Mills at millsway_com. Pin me on Pinterest.com also. Please also share my blogs with your friends.
Thanks and Please Support or Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/millsway
Have a great week.
Bruce of MillsWay.com