I know over the years we have family learning lessons. A lot of the lessons we had recapped and put in our book called “Money Secrets to Make You Rich”. But you are now almost 20 and 16 years old and you are going to be going out into the world with us to have family learning time with you. Please know Mom and Dad love you both a ton and we will always be here for any advice or as a sounding board for you both. It is your time now to take action for your future. We can talk about it all we can but now is your time to decide what type of life you want to have.
Remember most people are lucky to have a few truly good friends in life. I know you think your Xbox friends and School friends are your good friends but will they do the following for you in life?
- Let you live with them if they were homeless?
- Be your best supporter of you and your Business?
- Help you grow and push you to be a better person?
- Travel to see you at least once a year if you live far from each other?
- Help you find a job if you were out of work?
- Be there if you were really sick?
- Be there if you need help with a big home project?
- Be there if you are moving?
These are just a few items to think about. Also, a good friend would bring up doing this thing for you without you having to ask. Remember things are all a two-way street and ask your self what kind of friend are you? Same goes for relatives, would they do the above things for you all the time. Also, not all relatives will be there for you in the above ways. My Dad was my biggest supporter until I met your mom.
As always, I am not giving you any Financial Advice and you should seek advice from your Professional Advisors to see what is best for your situation. See my Disclaimer at MillsWay.com. This is for entertainment only.
Here are some more thoughts for our Kids life Lessons.
Hopefully someday you may get married and possibly even give us grand kids. That would be awesome. I know your mom would love spoiling your kids. To be able to do that in the future you need to be responsible and take action without being told.
Things to take Action as an Adult
- Spend less Money than you make and invest that money for the future. Set a goal of 50% Invested of your take home pay.
- Set a goal to live Debt Free. Pay Cash for Cars, Homes and more.
- Buy Assets and not junk that will be thrown away some day. Mom and Dad are working on throwing away stuff now so when we will down size someday, we will be ready. We are seeing all the useless stuff we bought over the years. When buying stuff ask your self is it a need or a want.
- Manage your time each week with “7 habits to Highly Effective People” schedule that we showed you boys. Time is one of your biggest assets and don’t squander it. Live in Balance
- Motivate yourself. We won’t be around to nag at you both. You need to get up early and get started. Use your time schedule worksheet. Don’t get caught up playing Xbox or watching Net Flix.
Like Number 4 above you need to live in Balance or else other things in life will suffer. Reread our “Mills Way to Richer Living” book for more details than on this blog.
Live in Balance Daily
- Time for your Important Relationships.
- Time for Work that makes you Money.
- Time for your Health. Working out, Exercise to eating healthy items.
- Time for your Education. You need to keep learning and growing your education for work and for your Financial Freedom.
- Time for your Financial Freedom Goals. Track your expenses, Income and have a Budget. Have a list of spreadsheets like Mom and Dad has.
- Time for your Spiritual needs. From going to Church or reading the Bible.
- Time for hobbies you enjoy. Keep it in balance.
- Time for your House and Car maintained.
I will stop there. The list could go on depending on what is most important to you at the time. But remember if you spend 4 to 8 hours a day on Xbox your life will suffer in so many ways.
In a Relationship you need to grow up even more and treat that relationship as careful as you would with a brand-new Xbox.
- Show them you care for them daily.
- Show them they are the most important person to you.
- Support them and their Business, Jobs or Ventures. Be there biggest fan and supporter. Brag them up daily to others you meet.
- Keep your House or Apartment Clean. Make your bed. Nothing on the floor. Bathroom Clean – Mirrors, Toilet and Shower. Keep Trash emptied if full. Dust and Vacuum.
- Keep your yard always looking good if you have one.
- Keep her Car clean inside and out. Keep the Oil changed and running well. Keep the tires good on it.
The above list could also go on and on. Now what are you going to do for yourself. What standards are you going to have? We hope you have some of the following standards.
- Surround yourself with people that make you better.
- Learn things daily to help you grow in your job and finances.
- Have a Freedom Financial set of goals and plans to get there.
- Keep your body in good shape. Exercise and eat good daily.
- Stay Debt Free. Pay Cash for everything.
- Invest 50% of any money you make.
- Don’t do Drugs or Drink. If you Drink be sociable. If you drink over 1 or 2 drinks take a Uber or Taxi home.
- Take pride in yourself. Your appearance and finances.
- Take good care of your Car and keep it cleaned inside and out. Same goes for your house. Take pride in them.
Live by the rules we taught you in our books we have written. You are young adults and have to live by your actions. Remember you have consequences for actions or for not taking action. Mom and Dad love you both and we are so proud of you both. We won’t be around for ever to motivate you two. You both need to motivate yourselves and create your future. Nothing is given to us in this world. So, you need to make good choices with your time, choices and who you surround your self with. We have only 168 hours in a week so make use of them wisely. In the future you can’t blame anyone except your self if you aren’t happy with your situation. You are in control of your life and future. Take action today for a bright future.
More thoughts and quotes on why to Invest in your Financial Freedom;
In life though we have to take the first step to make things happen. Like they say “To eat an Elephant you need to take one bite at a time”. LOL
Here are a few quotes I like from Tony Robbins that may help motivate you to take action towards whatever you aren’t happy with in life;
- “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.
- If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.
- The past does not equal the future.
- The path to success is to take massive, determined action.
- A real decision is measured by the fact that you’ve taken a new action. If there’s no action, you haven’t truly decided. “
By Tony Robbins
We hope our boys will give 100% towards any of there goals. For instance if Seth wants to make the Navy his career that he would start today eating better, working out, going for runs, going to the Navy Recruiters office to check in and see what he should be learning, joining Navy recruits group, watch You tube videos on Navy topics, practice swimming, read books on the Navy and more. Then he would be ready to go into Bootcamp at full strength and ahead of others because he prepared in advance.
If you need more help, I can help with my Coaching service. I just want to help people have less stress about their Financial Future or their Retirement plans and spend more time enjoying life.
“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”. By Albert Einstein. I would also say the definition of insanity is believing you can live a financial responsible life without tracking how you are doing, having a budget and goals. I like following others who track their finances to compare our also. I enjoy helping people with their finances and goals.
We want to give our boys the best chance to have their money last them thru their retirement years and have them reach their Financial Freedom goals. They need to live somewhat with a frugal mindset and spend less than they make so they can Invest towards their Financial Freedom goals. The boys will need to maybe put off Net Flix or buying a New Video game or going to the movies until they are on the path to Financial Freedom. Love Mom and Dad
Here are some positive quotes I like;
“Get your Money to Work for You… As hard as You Work for it.” By Napoleon Hill
“1. Make Money. 2. Use the Money to Make More Money. 3. Repeat the Process.” By Warren Buffett
“There is no way to happiness; happiness is the Path.” By Buddha
“Change Your Thoughts – Change Your Life” by Wayne W. Dyer
Let me know your thoughts about this blog and let me know of others you would like me to do in the future. I feel we can all learn from each other. That is why I am in the helping people retire early, enjoy life more and be more successful. Also, please see my Disclaimer page.
Don’t give up on your dreams; don’t let others talk you out of your dreams. Make your dreams happen. Make it happen today.
Visit my Podcast at www.Live4.Club on Anchor.fm, Spotify, Pocket Casts, Breaker Audio, Google Podcasts, Radio Public, I-tunes, Apple Podcast and more. If you would like to be a guest on my Podcast, drop me an email at email@example.com or Text me at 480-389-6224
Become a Paid Subscriber: <a href=”https://anchor.fm/live4/subscribe” rel=”ugc noopener noreferrer” target=”_blank”>https://anchor.fm/live4/subscribe</a>
Check out all my Published books on Amazon.com. Here are a few of them:
Money Secrets – https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088GKF2TM
Richer Living – https://www.amazon.com/dp/1695676815
Wake Up – https://www.amazon.com/dp/1694989585
Thanks, and have a great night. Please Support or Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/millsway for access to all my blogs.
#Financial freedom #financial independence #FIRE #Hustle #Live4 #podcast #millsway