We teach our boys that if they don’t take care of their health now, they could be paying for it in the future. Choices and Consequences from their actions now. It can affect their Financial Freedom plans they may have.
Registerednursing.org said over age 65 cumulative health spending in United States in 2016 dollars is $169,740 or lifetime spending under different growth rates in 2016 in 2016 dollars is $414,328. Think with inflation and depending on the boys ages what it could run them by the time they want to retire. We feel they should take action now to try to reduce their possible costs.
As always, I am not giving you any Medical or Financial Advice and you should seek advice from your Medical Doctor or Professional Advisors to see what is best for your situation before starting any exercise program. See my Disclaimer at MillsWay.com. This is for entertainment only.
We aren’t any medical doctors but we believe and teach our boys to work on creating Healthier habits in their life from things like their Diet, Fitness and things to avoid. We aren’t perfect by our examples but we are trying every day to be better examples for our boys. Seth has been our star eater lately. Logan is another story, maybe the Navy will get his eating habits better. LOL
Remember again to see your Medical Doctor before changing any of your eating habits to starting any fitness programs. Let’s dive into these three areas and start with a Healthy Diet and what we feel could help our boys with and others;
Healthy Diet – Could give you the possible benefits;
- Look Better. I know for myself I feel I look better when I am around a 25 BMI (Body Mass Index). I have been up to a 33 BMI before and didn’t feel I looked as good.
- More Energy. I feel like I have more energy when I eat better. Unless I eat Turkey and then I want to go to sleep. LOL
- Reduce Stress. Maybe it is just me but I feel stressed when I know I haven’t been eating good. I started a food journal to help keep me eating better.
- More Positive. I feel good about myself when I eat healthier. I feel more positive and feel it helps me with my relationships with others.
Fitness Habits – Helps me have more energy and I feel better about myself when I have been consistently exercising. You don’t have to go broke when exercising either. Some ways are free and others can cost you money.
- Walking. This is a free and can be good for you. I have a track I go on that is over 4 miles or 10,000 steps. I feel good each time I get done with it. Plus, it gives me time to listen to positive Podcasts shows.
- Pushups and Sit-ups. This is also free. You can do it at home or at a Park. If you don’t want to spend money on a Gym membership it is another option. I met a guy in Minnesota that was had muscles big time and he said he only worked out at the public Park using his own weight and park fixtures.
- Gym. There are Gyms or Fitness Centers that you can join in Arizona for a low cost. Some employers will even pay for it. Nice thing about a Gym or Fitness Center is having others around exercising that may motivate you to keep going. Or you could meet a work out buddy to push each other.
- Golf to Tennis. Yes, Golf is expensive at times. Summer Golf in Arizona is a lot cheaper than during the winter months here. Tennis is free at some Public Parks. Golf, Tennis or other sports are another way to get exercise and you can meet others.
Things to Avoid
Things to avoid that could help someone have more energy to possibly having lower medical expenses in the future. Some of these people say they will never give up and some they gave up and it was really hard for them to quit the habit. Like I am hooked on Pepsi.
- Avoid Drinking Alcohol. Some Doctors used to say that a glass of Red Wine was good for you. Some say it isn’t. Who knows? In my younger years I used to drink Alcohol regularly and now in my older years I hardly ever drink any. Life is funny as we age and change.
- Avoid Excess Caffeine. From Coffee to Pop. This one is hard for me because as you know I like regular Pepsi.
- Avoid Smoking Products. From Cigarettes, Cigars to other products.
The guys I golf with are mostly all over age 60 so I am probably more concerned about medical expenses. They tell me their stories and how much things cost them out of pocket and it drives me to take better care of myself. This last twelve months I have had friends have Heart Attacks, Blocked Arteries, Parts removed from their bodies to Cancer. Ughhh… Why do we have to age? LOL
Hopefully the boys will be inspired to take action and improve their health to try to reduce medical expenses in their retirement years. We don’t have a crystal ball knowing if it will work or not. We are going by suggestions we have heard for years from others to medical doctors.
We have known people that took great care of themselves and ended up dying at an early age and then we know others like my Grampa that ate all the wrong foods, drank alcohol and didn’t eat the best always and still lived a long life. Who knows, but we still believe that having Healthier Habits could possibly reduce future Medical Expenses and help the boys reach Financial Freedom sooner and to enjoy their Retirement years.
Here are some positive quotes I like;
“Get your Money to Work for You… As hard as You Work for it.” By Napoleon Hill
“1. Make Money. 2. Use the Money to Make More Money. 3. Repeat the Process.” By Warren Buffett
“There is no way to happiness; happiness is the Path.” By Buddha
“Change Your Thoughts – Change Your Life” by Wayne W. Dyer
Let me know your thoughts about this blog and let me know of others you would like me to do in the future. I feel we can all learn from each other. That is why I am in the helping people retire early, enjoy life more and be more successful. Also, please see my Disclaimer page.
Don’t give up on your dreams; don’t let others talk you out of your dreams. Make your dreams happen. Make it happen today.
Visit my Podcast at www.Live4.Club on Anchor.fm, Spotify, Pocket Casts, Breaker Audio, Google Podcasts, Radio Public, I-tunes, Apple Podcast and more. If you would like to be a guest on my Podcast drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Text me at 480-389-6224
Thanks, and Have a great night. Please Support or Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/millsway for access to all my blogs.
#financial freedom #financial independence #FIRE #Hustle #Live4 #podcast #millsway
Sources and Resources from Podcast (Available in Show Notes)
- Medical Care Costs at https://www.registerednursing.org/healthcare-costs-by-age/