Prime reason why you should do Action Step 3 of the Mills Way to Financial Freedom 10 Action Steps just happened to us recently. I got a call from Darlene and she said that when she was leaving for work at 1am that the Garage Door wouldn’t close all the way down. It would go three quarters of the way down and stop and then go back up or just stay there at times.
I did my normal you tube search of how to fix our household issues. I tried what I learned on the videos like making sure the sensor lights were matched up, the tracks were straight, wheels were oiled. But nothing worked.
So, I called the Garage Door repair company and they said that it may be a Mother Board to the Garage Door Opener. So, they lined up a repair person to come to our house the next day. When he got there and walked in our garage, he knew right away what the problem was (See Photo Above of the Broken Spring). He pointed up to the Springs above the Garage Door and showed me where they broke.
Bummer I said. It’s Christmas time and now we had to fix the garage door. The bill was $400. This is a prime reason why to have $1,000 Emergency Starter Fund in Action Step 3. Since we have an Emergency Fund, we were able to pay for the Garage Door Repair easily. Even though it is never fun for me to spend money on repairs. But it comes with home or car ownership.
Let’s dive more into Action Step 3 – Save $1,000 for Emergencies
This Step can be a fast one but may be a challenge at the same time. Anytime we do something new it can be challenging. Think about the first time you drove a car to now how well you drive a car.
- Save $1,000 up in your Checking Account as fast as you can for small emergencies that may come up.
- Cut up all your Credit Cards and live on Cash only.
Here are some ways that some people save up some cash fast:
- Have a yard sale. Sell anything you haven’t used around the house in the last year.
- Sell items that you can ship easily on E-Bay or other on-line websites like Craigslist, Letgo, Book Scouter, Declutter, Poshmark, Etsy, Amazon, Facebook and more sites if you need them.
- Get a Part-time job.
- Go door to door and see if you can help out any of your neighbors. Maybe clean their yard to walk their dog. Offer Tutoring services to their kids.
- Offer your skills on Fiverr.com.
- Do Uber, Lyft to Doordash deliveries. Postmates is another option in some areas.
- Do online surveys. (Slow process).
- Hit your new Budget hard and maybe eat Ramen Noodles or Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches for the month.
- InboxDollars website to watch movie previews and other videos.
- Zilok website to rent out your stuff like a Ping Pong table.
- RentAfriend.com. Be someone’s friend for money.
- Ask your boss for any overtime or special projects you could do for some extra money.
Plus, there are a lot more sites out there. I have seen lists on line of over 500 ways to make some money on the side.
“Take Action! An inch of movement will bring you closer to your goals than a mile of intention.” By Dr. Steve Maraboli
“The Future Depends on What You Do Today.” Gandhi
More Positive Quotes
Here are two positive quotes I like; “There is no way to happiness; happiness is the Path.” By Buddha
“The best way to predict the future is to create it.” By Peter Drucker
“Change Your Thoughts – Change Your Life” by Wayne W. Dyer
Let me know your thoughts about this blog and let me know of others you would like me to do in the future. I feel we can all learn from each other. That is why I am in the helping people retire early, enjoy life more and be more successful. Also, please see my Disclaimer page.
Don’t give up on your dreams; don’t let others talk you out of your dreams. Make your dreams happen. Make it happen today.
Visit my Podcast at www.Live4.Club on Anchor.fm, Spotify, Pocket Casts, Breaker Audio, Google Podcasts, Radio Public, i-tunes, Apple Podcast and more. If you would like to be a guest on my Podcast drop me an email at email@example.com
Thanks, and Have a great night. Please Support or Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/millsway for access to all my blogs.
#financial freedom #financial independence #FIRE #Hustle #Live4 #podcast #millsway